6th 5090 - 2017
In the past I have been just making it up as I go along, but this time around I have challenged myself with a bit more over all purpose and direction.
I have decided that by the end of this summer I will have:
1) Saved the world
2) Founded a new religion, and
3) Discovered the forth dimension.
As for Songwriting... I'll probably just make it up as I go along.
Some Samples of previous 5090 & FAWM Works
1) Road Hog: A Two Electric Guitar Instrumental Contrapuntal Battle - http://bit.ly/2u0AE8q
2) The Traveler: A Co-write with Gordon Todd - http://bit.ly/2s2G2vB
3) Melody: This Collaboration is a two part harmony A Capella with vocals by (@Dawnsoap) - http://bit.ly/2t6UFy2
4) Just Like You Wanted: a wonderfully done co-write with Susan Cantey - http://bit.ly/2sCqZqP
5) Lovers play Cat and Mouse: 3 way Collaboration sherrycanary and sheila k - http://bit.ly/2sCCn62
6) Quackers: An incredible Collaboration with Tasha Parker Gibbs - http://bit.ly/2ttGtPT
7) Bonjour Amour: Another Dynamite Co-write with Susan Cantey - http://bit.ly/2toL0mc
This year (2017) Goals:
I am mainly a Jazz oriented writer (as you can tell from the few samples from above), so whether RocknRoll, Folk, Country, or any genre, The arrangement will be leaning toward a Jazz approach.
1) Orchestration... I may take one composition and run it through several different orchestration styles, Just as a personal study and for improvements. But for sure I will be attempting a better grasp of the Strings section. All constructive Comments are welcome.
2) I will be attempting some newly learned Mixing Techniques, regarding the Bass end of the mix. I have a tendency to use two and even more Bass instruments in a lot of my stuff (especially Blues tracks), so a muddy low end has always been a hassle for me.
3) The song Intro. I will Most likely do some revisions on some songs to Create a more memorable Intro for each song. so if you want an update to any song just make a note on that song's comment section and I will give you a heads-up when I re-vamp a song for any reason.
4) I am going to do at least One Major Project of just a pure Jazz song. Don't know how I'll be getting into it (until I actually get into it).
But for That... I'll be asking for Collaboration in Jazz Vocals, Backing Vocals, Du-op, and instrument Solos. It is possible to have several Collaborators in one form or another.
5) I'll do "One new 12 bar Blues" each week... that's 12 total. These will all need vocals and lyrics. Most of these I'll try to stay close to the standards... no Guarantee on that one though. You know me I seldom stay on the Path. All collabs. welcome... Vocals and instruments. These'll be Tagged "Looking-for-the-Blues."
6) Finally this year, I am going to tackle my biggest challenge. That is writing melody to an existing set of lyrics. I usually work the other way round. I'll do at least one of these. I hope I can improve on this approach and maybe even do more.
|1||Jazz-2 with Harmonica solo||17||4 months 2 weeks|
|2||Swimming in the Swamp||22||4 months 2 weeks|
|3||Tap Dancer - Jazz 1||8||4 months 2 weeks|
|4||Put a little wiggle in your Blues||14||4 months 2 weeks|
|5||Two different worlds||12||4 months 1 week|
|6||Swamp Detective||10||4 months 13 hours|
|7||Two Different Worlds||
|5||3 months 4 weeks|
|8||Jazz-2+Solo PNO by JamKar||JamKar||12||3 months 3 weeks|
|9||Country Jazz||5||3 months 1 week|