- Andy Moor
- Biffy Clyro
- Christian Mistress
- The Dear Hunter
- Engine Three Seven
- Fox Capture Plan
- Jean-Michel Jarre
- Machine Head
- Manic Street Preachers
- Nigel Stanford
- Seven Lions
- Tesla Boy
MY SEVENTH FIFTY NINETY
July 2017 pt.2
I gotta take at least a little pause. I'm not feeling it. Maybe I'll do some 3D modeling.
Thinking of doing a 10 EP challenge this year with different styles. This is bound to change, but let's see how it goes. Initial plan (plans bad!):
1) Symphonic metal style EP with pretty much just one song. I've been thinking about this for months now. That's what's going to happen. It'll be... something. Biggrin
2) I really want to do something like Rob Zombie. Just simple songs with a badass beat to them. (1 song so far.)
3) Synthwave! Definitely. It's always a part of whatever I do, so I'm going to have to leave room for it. (1 song so far.)
4) I'm thinking something really, super basic, maybe Beatles-y stuff. I'm thinking lyrics that people can sing along with. (1 song so far.)
5) Something completely off the wall. I want to go crazy with the sounds and the production. Most likely synth stuff. (1 song so far.)
6) Piano stuff a la Ludovico Einaudi or something. I need more material that I can just play by myself. (2 song so far.)
7) I don't have many rock songs even though it's the genre I most listen to. Maybe I'll combine 3 Doors Down, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, Journey, Bastille, Eddie Money, Heart etc. and just use the same style to turn them into a cohesive EP. Just hard and tough!
eight) I love Machinae Supremacy and all that chiptune stuff they incorporate in their stuff. Same as CarboHydroM. I'm going to try to make chiptune metal EP. (1 song so far.)
9) I don't really listen to stuff like this, but maybe I can make it my own. Something like Nine Inch Nails and idk The Smiths? Very repetitive hypnotic stuff maybe with some dreamy elements like electric piano etc. And a lot of delays. Maybe something like Jack White.
10) Surf guitar background music for a spy-themed point and click adventure game. (1 song so far.)
Hey friends and lovers!
This years is full of surprises, so I'm not signing full on board just yet. I've been working on a game prototype on my vacation and it's a bit time-consuming... yet fun. I do miss doing music for three months. It was really fun back in the day. I don't know what's going to happen. We'll see!
Listing all of the influences would be stupid, so I just put some bands there that I've been listening to, lately.
We just released a game and I released the soundtrack for the game. It's called Riptale. If you enjoy super fast and bloody retro action, go give it a try! Ha! And buy the damn soundtrack!!!
Riptale on Steam Store
Riptale OST on Bandcamp
You can still find all of my songs on my YouTube channel:
Here's a list of the gear I'll be using:
PRS SE Custom 24 Electric Guitar, Yamaha RBX-170 Electric Bass, Nektar Impact GX61 USB Keyboard, PRS SE Angelus Acoustic Guitar, Stagg M50E Mandolin, T.Bone SCT700 Studio Tube Microphone
And here's a list of my go-to VST plug-ins:
Addictive Drums, Addictive Keys, IK Multimedia AmpliTube 4 Free, Garritan Personal Orchestra 4, IK Multimedia SampleTron, IK Multimedia SampleTank 2, Camel Audio Alchemy, u-he Zebralette, SuperWave