This topic was inspired by the similarly titled topic "Want to Collaborate with a Lyricist ?"!
Based on my four years of FAWM and 50/90 experience it seems collaborations usually go like this,
1) lyricist writes lyrics and posts them at FAWM or 50/90
2) composer selects a set of lyrics and writes music for them, usually performing and recording the finished product
But I wonder if it would work the other way around?
1) composer writes (and records) music (backing and melody) and posts the recording at FAWM or 50/90
2) lyricist selects the music to write lyrics for
I am not sure I'd personally participate since I usually write my music and lyrics together but I am interested in exploring this topic. A few questions come to mind...
- would the composer choose the structure and write complete music for it? (verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus, etc.)
- how would the composer provide melody? maybe hum it or play a simple rendition of it? kind of a melody click-track!
- would the lyricist write the lyrics and then pass them back to the composer to be recorded?
Any other thoughts, questions, etc.?