In 50/90 we have months to get this done -- a perfect opportunity to mail some cassette tapes around the country/around the world.
Do you have a working 4-track cassette tape recorder? Get it out of the closet and dust it off.
What we have done in the past is:
1) Someone records a click track one one track, and a music part on another track. A guitar, vocal, bass, flute, recorder, accordion, or whatever.
2) That person gets a mailing address from other people involved in the project, and mails the cassette tape to the next person.
3) the next person records another part on another track and mails it to someone else
4) who adds a track and mails the cassette tape to someone else
5) The last person in the chain has a cassette with 3 tracks and a click track. They record their part over the click, erasing it. The tape now has music or noises on all 4 tracks. The last person in the chain mixes it down to an mp3, and posts the finished product.
Sound like fun? Add you name here and we'll get a list of participants going.